[IPk] Talk to parents about pumping

Hi all

I have been asked by my hospital (West Suffolk at Bury St Edmunds) to do a
short talk for parents of children with diabetes (at the bimonthly support
group)entitled 'A parents perspective of having a child on an insulin pump'.
The interesting thing is that Alice is currently only one of two paediatric
pumpers, and they are keen to encourage more parents to opt for pumping, but
they can't get anyone interested !!??!!

They have asked therefore that it be positive (to encourage new pumpers) but
realistic about the amount of work/commitment it involves.

I have done graphs showing bg's before and after (same week, year apart)
HBA1c changes
Show people the pump/tubing/cannula itself
Include a (more than passing) mention of CWD (small handout available)
Number of blood tests
The improvement on mood, energy etc
Flexibility with food and activity - time and type
The throw it out the window at 2/3 week phenomenon

What else should I be including??

suggestions gratefully received....
Angie
Mum to Alice 5, pumping 12/07