[IPk] New pump user Basal / Bolus OK, but BG high?

Hi all,

I have recently started on a Medtronic Paradigm 522 with CGMS (self funded)
about 5 weeks ago, so far my HBa1c has fallen slightly so a benefit already.
I have so far found this excellent :-). After the initial start and going
high/low for no aparant reason I have managed to get my BG's level. They
seem to sit between 9 - 13. Initially they went from about 2 to 20, weekends
were terriable :-( I have managed to flattern these out and they now sit at
about 9 before meals rising to 13, which i'm happy with (ie a 4mmol/l
increase) but it is far too high. I have managed to tweak the backgorund
dose to remove the dawn phenomenon I was suffering from, but it is just far
too high. I have missed meals ie breakfast one day then lunch a few day's
later to see if the backgorund levels are OK and I believe they are (ie it
stays level), but it is just too high.

Any suggestions as to the next step?

Also how fast do I want to increase my control, I have heard that if I do
this too fast it can make my neuropathy and eye problems worse?

Regards,

Mark.

Checked by AVG.
19:25