RE: [IPk] Travel Insurance

HI,
Upon futher investigation, this is the script with staysure insurance:  on
their 1st page they have a drop down list of conditions which they do not load
you for, diabetes being one of them.  If however, you have MORE than one
condition from their 1st drop down list, they may not insure you, or load you.
Then they have a 2nd drop down list of further conditions which they do not
load for, and these can be combined with the 1st list and still no penalty.
Phew, I made that sound really complicated but its not.  Luckily for me, I
have Diabetes (one off the 1st drop down) and underactive thyroid (off their
2nd drop down) so they dont load me at all for this. Every other company I
rang loaded me for having the thyroid problem on top of the diabetes! how
strange, as if I would end up in hospital due to my thyroid!!   I rang up to
ensure I was covered for my diabetes and yes, no problems there, and the cover
is as good as the Post Office.  Does anyone know if I hadnt of been so honest
and admitted I was taking thyroxine, would this have been a reason for them
not to pay out if say for instance I lost my baggage? or broke my leg?  like
totally unrelated??  xxx mel> Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 21:20:59 +0100> From:
email @ redacted> To: email @ redacted> Subject: [IPk]
Travel Insurance> > Please support Insulin Pumpers by making a donation to
the> SPRING pledge drive. Your contribution is essential to help> us continue
to provide service to the diabetes community.> Please visit:> >
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml> > Your annual contribution will
eliminate this header from your IP mail> > Hi,> > You need to be really
careful about this. I've been battling with insurance> companies today, and
the cheaper ones seem generally to be saying "we'll> cover you for travel, but
excluding pre-existing conditions". Since it is> very easy to blame nearly
everything on diabetes it seems, this doesn't seem> worth having to me. Just a
warning: Check what is and is not covered.> > Lorna.> T1 50 years, lots of
complications mostly under control.> .>