[IPk] thank you...

.. Stuart for the warnings about the Solpadol.  Yes, it's difficult stuff and
only eases rather than obliterates the pain.  As for the constipation, that's
yet another trial.  I've had two major hypos in the last two days.  The first
one was in the middle of the night.  I got out of bed, fell and bashed my
shoulder, so now can't lift anything and have a cracking bruise.  The second
was yesterday afternoon.  I eventually got help from my neighbours, who called
the paramedics out, much to my distress, but they were right to do so.  Not
only was my blood glucose only 2.1 after both liquid glucose and a glass of
milk, but my blood pressure was 115/65 and my temperature was so low that it
wouldn't read.  The paramedic said the only reason he was prepared to agree to
my request not to go to hospital was because I was so co-operative about
eating and had such good neighbours.  They were all great, got me wrapped up
in my Russian thermals and two duvets, and agreed to let me stay at home.
Woke at 4 am with blood glucose at 16, but it was back to 7 within 2 hours,
and has been stable every since.
How long were you off work, Stuart?  I've had a week now, but am still very
weak, in a lot of pain both on the skin and all the way through from my ribs
to my spine, and my appetite's dropped to nothing.
Cheers, Anne