Re: [IPk] Apidra?

> Does anyone out there use Apidra in their insulin pump? I changed from
> Humalog (to which I had become sensitive at the insertion site), but
> Apidra behaves differently, and I'm not getting on with it very well.
> Anyone got any observations, tips or hints as to how to handle Apidra
> in a pump?

What do you mean by "differently". For others that have noted
sensitivity to a particular insulin-analog, the most common
difference is an apparent increase in insulin sensitivity and
concurrent decrease in TDD. My daughter's was about 30% when she
switched from Humalog to Novo-Rapid (Novolog in the US). I have read
others report similar changes of 10 - 35% but not specifically with
Apidra though I would expect that the changes might be similar.

Michael