From: Clare Price <email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Sent: Monday, 12 May, 2008 4:39:37 PM
Subject: [IPk] Bubbles causing ketones

Please support Insulin Pumpers by making a donation to the
Please visit:

B  B  http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml

Hi all,

I don't expect anyone to solve this problem, as until MedtronicB
produce a pre-filled cartridge for their pumps, then bubbles areB
going to be an issue with my pump.B  I have just had a BG reading ofB
17.9 (4pm today) with no other reason than the fact that myB
reservoir, on checking, has bubbles in it, and were also apparent inB
the tubing, big time.

I have now primed them out and given myself a small correction bolus,B
as not sure how much basal or bolus has gone through correctly forB
the past few hours.B  Only time will tell and a BG reading thisB
evening will tell me if I need any further insulin to compensate forB
however many bubbles have gone through the tubing today.

OK this doesn't happen every day, but I had been doing so wellB
recently and feeling so much better, then through no fault of my ownB
I have ketones and feel awful.B  Will be hours now before the BG levelB
goes down again.

Apologies, but I just wanted a moan, not every day is going to beB
perfect, and today certainly isn't!!

Moan over, off now for another glass of water.

Clare
(type 1 for 38 years, pumping 8 months, Paradigm 522)