[IPk] Bubbles causing ketones

Hi all,

I don't expect anyone to solve this problem, as until Medtronic
produce a pre-filled cartridge for their pumps, then bubbles are
going to be an issue with my pump.  I have just had a BG reading of
17.9 (4pm today) with no other reason than the fact that my
reservoir, on checking, has bubbles in it, and were also apparent in
the tubing, big time.

I have now primed them out and given myself a small correction bolus,
as not sure how much basal or bolus has gone through correctly for
the past few hours.  Only time will tell and a BG reading this
evening will tell me if I need any further insulin to compensate for
however many bubbles have gone through the tubing today.

OK this doesn't happen every day, but I had been doing so well
recently and feeling so much better, then through no fault of my own
I have ketones and feel awful.  Will be hours now before the BG level
goes down again.

Apologies, but I just wanted a moan, not every day is going to be
perfect, and today certainly isn't!!

Moan over, off now for another glass of water.

Clare
(type 1 for 38 years, pumping 8 months, Paradigm 522)