Re: [IPk] Addisons?

On 8 May 2008 at 20:32, Lesley Jordan wrote:

> However, last time my BGs went up within a couple of hours of the
> stimulant, and I needed a hugely increased basal rate for over a week.
> Today, I have tested every hour since the stimulant and my BGs are all
> well within range, without any extra basal.
>
> I wonder if this means my adrenals haven't responded to stimulation..

This happened after Emily's test that failed part way though so I'll
be interested to hear your results! They injected the cortisol but
the cannula failed so they couldn't take the blood tests. Emily had a
hypo 3 hours after the test and her BGs were normal during the
following week too. I was under the impression that it should have
gone up.

Jos