[IPk] i-d tags and other things

Thanks for the suggestion about ID bracelets, Lesley.  I have a real problem
with the ugliness of MedicAlert and similar items, and that's before I start
whining on about how expensive they are.
My solution has been to buy a pretty silver charm bracelet.  On this I have a
bright pink cat tag, which has a fish skeleton on one side.  On the other it
just has my first name and I have type 1 diabetes.  I reckon that's enough,
especially for a pumper.  The cat tag is the size of a 20p piece, so big
enough to read easily but not like having a can lid on your wrist.  The colour
and the skeleton are amusing, so draw attention. I had it made at my local
shoe repair shop, who were very helpful.  Think it cost about #6.

Now poorly things.  Has anyone out there had shingles?  After spending 3 weeks
in agony with suspected kidney stones whilst awaiting a scan, I returned to my
GP to say that the pain was unbearable and could the scan be hurried up.  Then
I added that to compound my problems, my blood sugars were higher than usual -
11 and 12 in the middle of the night for no apparent reason, and on top of
that, I'd got some mosquito bites around my middle.  When she saw the bits,
she just burst out laughing and said, 'Darling, they're not bites, they're
shingles.  That's why you feel so dreadful'.  So I'm on anti-viral drugs, have
been give 100 Solpadol for the pain and I feel like a car crash.  Blood sugars
are back to normal, but I'm very thirsty all the time.  Anyone got any bright
ideas about how to get better quickly?
regards, Anne