Re: [IPk] Re Pump

Hi Julie
If your BG is around 5 then (depending how far it is) it's quite normal
that something like a walk to the shops could make you go low. A 10
minute walk could easily drop my BG by 3-4 mmol/l.
If you have little hypo warning then you need to raise your target BG
level for a few weeks. So for instance, aim to keep your BG at 7 rather
than 5. Even a bit higher if you need to. John Davis can tell you his
own experience of this, he used to have no hypo warning signs at all
until he went on the pump, with dire consequences. Now he's almost
normal :-)
until you get things more stable you need to keep testing a lot and keep
adjusting - for example turn your pump down if you're going to do even
light exercise.
Di