levels and now hear that there is a pump that also tests ur blood
continuously? is this true? and if so would we get funding for it or does ur
hospital decide which pump u go on? sorry don't know much about pumps yet can
anyone help?              thanks Mohan> Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 08:59:12 -0700>
From: email @ redacted> To: email @ redacted>
Subject: ip-uk-digest V3 #1354> > Please support Insulin Pumpers by making a
donation to the> SPRING pledge drive. Your contribution is essential to help>
us continue to provide service to the diabetes community.> Please visit:> >
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml> > Your annual contribution will
eliminate this header from your IP mail> > > ip-uk-digest Monday, May 5 2008
Volume 03 : Number 1354> > > > PLEASE edit the subject line of your reply
messages.> ####################################################> This issue of
the digest contains:> [IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V3 #1353> [IPk] HbA1c> >
----------------------------------------------------------------------> >
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 10:57:53 EDT> From: email @ redacted> Subject: [IPk]
Re: ip-uk-digest V3 #1353> > Anna> I've been pumping since August 08 Still
"tweaking" but I love it. I wanted > to go on a pump a few years ago and then
went off the idea, like you the > thought of wearing something 24/7 put me
off. BUT I'm so glad I changed my> mind. I> wear mine in my jeans pocket. I
cut a slit long enough to take the "the > button" (can't remember proper
name), I use a medtronic 722 and their > quickserters, and thread the tubing
etc through and attach it to pump. It is> all> concealed then, no tubing etc
on view and people think it's a mobile phone. I> also> use the "Invisupump" I
think there is a link on the website. I use that when i> wear a skirt and even
though I'm a size 8 it is hardly noticeble. Lots of > people just let the pump
float around in bed and I've done that too. It's > almost as if it realises
and moves along with you. I also bought some cotton> baby> scratch mitts
(Primark do 2 pairs for 50p) and sewn them into pyjama tops > etc.> I can
remember going dancing on the second night of wearing it and being > aware
that I'd been "playing" with it ie bolusing for cappucinos I had been >
drinking and walking to the car and thought "wait where's my pump" thinking
I'd> left it on a table, then realised it's attached to me - Doh! that's how >
comfortable it felt> So, go for it, I think you'll really find a difference
and love it like the > rest of us. If you really can't get on with it after
trynig for a good few > months, you can always revert back to injections!>
HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe/change list versions,> contact: