From: email @ redacted
Date: Saturday, May 31, 2003 16:25:04
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] Re: pregnancy

Many thanks for your support, I try hard to feel positive, but struggle and
because of this am not enjoying the pregnancy at all!

I am now 21 weeks, and feel like i am never gonna make it through! I was
overweight before I became pregnant, and feel it is going to be very
difficult to have enough energy to see me through the next 19 weeks. I had
a few daysaway this week and struggled to do the walking we had planned for
our days out. I also had swelling on my fingers, ankles and toes yesterday,
which I hope is just Odoema. (any advise on how to avoid this will be
greatly appreciated)

My sugars, although not perfect are very good for me, I am trying very hard
to get them as well controlled as possible. My HBA1C's since becoming
pregnant have been - 8.8, 7.7 and the latest 7.5, so they are going in the
right direction. Lots of hypos, but I can cope with those, it is the highs
I am trying to avoid. My diabetic nurse (whom is lovely) is not worried
about my sugars, and says I am doing very well.

I am trying to get through one week at a time at the moment. I am working
up until 30 weeks (hopefully) which is only 9 weeks, so that is my main
target to aim for. If I can stay fit enough until then, then hopefully to
last 10 weeks it wont matter so much.

I know it is going to take time, but after I have had the baby, I am going
to put every effort into losing weight, getting fitter and gaining good
control. As I dont' want to feel like this for long!

Many thanks once again for eveyones support and emails.

Shaz