[IPk] Metformin

Hello everyone

I have laughed my head off at the messages that have been arriving about the
Metformin drug.  I have gathered that it is sometimes called Metfartin, but I
have never heard of this drug and what exactly is it prescribed for?  To be
honest, I really hope I never have to have it by the sounds of things.  When
 these explosions happen, are they controllable or do they just blast out when
public too?

Mum to Danielle
(both diabetic)