Re: [IPk] Funding

I don't think you should even _think_ about going back onto the old
regime.  Remind us who owns the pump.  If it is a pump company, then you
must of course give it back (but perhaps you could arrange a monthly
payment instead, to be refuned when the pct comes through?).  If it
belongs to the NHS, then why not just refuse to give it back.  OK, they
know where you live, but are they really going to get a court order?
Think of the publicity that would generate!

If the problem is with the cost of the supplies, then it's harder .... I
would try speaking to a lawyer.  You may be able to scare the PCT into
funding (rather than paying the compensation when you have to give up
work due to blindness a few years down the road).

Best wishes,

dm 30+, 508 2+

tIn message <email @ redacted>,
email @ redacted writes
> I finally got an answer regarding the PCT policy on funding. Not the answer I
 >wanted, but at least they kept me informed. The position of the PCT is this.
>is not possible to meet the three month deadline, but sometime in the future a
>paper may be prepared to present to the executive commitee for investigation
>into the PCT's future policy.
> I'm really annoyed about this, I'd only been on the pump a couple of months
>when funding became a problem. My diabetes team kept telling me to stay on the
 >pump and not to loose heart because they should be able to sort something out.
>could have coped with going back to the old regime then I guess, but now it's
>going to be really hard.
 > Seems like I'm stuffed doesn't it. I don't want to give up on pumping, but
>else can I do.

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)