RE: [IPk] Hair loss

Dear Ron,
I was diagnosed 7 years ago, and experienced significant hair loss 2-3
months after my diagnosis. I was 15 at the time, had just gone back to
school and found it really distressing. I think i lost 50-75% of my hair. My
mum used to have to unclog the hover at home, and I had to wash my school
jumpers on a near daily basis! At the time I was investigated to check for
thyroid problems, but fortunately I had none. My doctor put it down to the
stress of the diagnosis (despite the fact I'd actually taken it pretty
well - I guess it was a bit of a shock to the system). I don't know what the
cause was - I was down to 37kg (6stones) so had experienced a great deal of
weight loss. Anyway, as far as I remember the hair loss stopped within a
couple of months, and my hair was not noticably thin a year later. However,
it took a few years to get back to the thickness it was pre-diagnosis.
Whilst I can't guarantee that this will happen with your daughter, that was
my experience - unpleasant, but relatively short lived at the end of the
Best wishes,
DM 7y (nearly!) pumper 5months