Re: [IPk] Funding or Lack of It

Graham, (and others)
Having just seen the consultant who recommended a pump, this sounds a lot
like what he told me.
He said that he and the other doctors were very keen to push the use of pumps
for type 1 as it was a way forward. But he didn't know if the PCT will agree
to fund as they would normally meet to look at any NICE guidelines then decide
whether or not to implement them. Often they meet when a new report comes out
(such as meds for MS, etc.), but they haven't yet met regarding insulin
 pumps, maybe because no one has actually asked for one up to now! In this case,
they may just meet to consider mine as an individual case. I don't know.
I guess it all comes back to the 'postcode lottery' with the health services
here in England and across the UK.
BW Helen