RE: [IPk] cortisone

I have increased my basal by 20%, wish I had done it yesterday, pump rep
advised 50-80% increase but I was a little afraid as I had to go out and
I am still new to pumping only 6 weeks. BG's now down to 8's and 10's so
not too bad. I only hope this doesn't affect my next HBa1c as I am
trying for funding.

Joyce Jones

Yes, cortisone plays havoc wioth Bg's. I suggest you increase basals by
about 3-4 times to cope with it ( only for a few days)