[IPk] Funding or Lack of It

 I've had an interesting week this week with regards to obtaining funding.
Firstly, I received a phone call from the PCT stating that they would put my
case before a "special cases" committee" Today I received a phone call stating
that the decision has been taken not to fund pumpers. This is despite the fact
that my consultant has quite clearly stated to the trust and myself that he does
not want me to come off the pump and try glargine etc. he would prefer me to
remain on the pump because of the clear improvement in control etc.

 Are there others in this position? If so, what have you done to try and
persuade the trust to impliment the NICE guidelines?

 I must say I am really tempted to go along the lines of legal action if it is
in fact, a legal requirement that the PCT adheres to the nice guidelines.