Re: [IPk] Glycaemic Index - revisited

In message <000c01c32074$4bd2fec0$email @ redacted>, Joyce Jones
<email @ redacted> writes
>This is a general question for anyone who can tell me if a cortisone
>injection would increase BG's. I have been suffering from a frozen
>shoulder and yesterday was injected with cortisone since then my BG's
>have been raging out of control

I think I remember people here reporting that insulin needs have
increased five-fold after cortisone.  Personally, I always used alcohol
as a painkiller after cortisone, and that seems to have kept bgs down!
(The surgeon I would have had if I hadn't moved condoned the use of
alcohol as a painkiller, yours may not).

Shoulders may, of course, be less painful than fingers,

Best wishes,

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)