[IPk] Bad insulin - again!

Rhoda Martin

I thought by changing to the third bottle and third batch of humalog from
this particular pharmacy things were improving.  Thought got it wrong.  I've
been shooting 17 - 19 mmol/l no matter how little I eat, increase exercise
(I know the effect over 15 mmol/l), drinking water as though addicted to the
bally stuff.

I took my last rx to another pharmacy 5 miles away and decided this
afternoon after using humalog pen (10 units and zilch happening with bgs)
that I'd change reservoirs, site and insulin again.

Within 30 minutes I'd dropped 9 mmol/l.

All I can think is that somewhere in the distribution chain there's been a
mega breakdown in proper storage of the insulin I got from that particular

BTW Eli-Lilly tried to make out that the insulin wasn't working because of
other meds I'm on.  Fascinating how it works for years then suddenly doesn't
and does again!