Re: [IPk] Glycaemic Index - revisited

Whether it is the cereal (sounds somewhat unlikely if porridge is ok,
and an oat-based cereal - as many of them are - is not) or the milk, I
found that one way of improving the post-breakfast peak was to bolus
about 20-30 minutes before starting to eat, rather than just before as
I generally do for other meals - whether this is mostly because the
other meals tend to have more protein and/or fat together with the
carbs, or because they are later in the day, therefore less insulin
resistance due to the hormonal effects (i.e. adrenaline and/or cortisol
as very clearly explained by Tori - thanks).
This works for me most of the time, though I do then have to watch
carefully to make sure that assorted domestic crises do not intervene
and delay my breakfast and leave me hypo.
Nanette