No Subject

As you all probably  know I have had type 1 for years. On my last
appointment at the clinic in april, my blood pressure was slightly elevated
and had been on previous visits so I was commenced on medication and advised
to forget about losing weight by dieting which has never worked for me but
to exercise.I was so shocked about the BP and my weightgain that I started a
sensible regime of diet and when my weightloss slowed right down I finally
plucked up courage to join the gym. They were excellent there and very
encouraging, I didn't care about my size as I felt good about the fact the
weight was finally begining to shift. Two weeks ago following a much harder
session, I felt really strange, bg's ok, but went to bed early, When I woke
in the morning I had lost the use of my left arm and leg.
We raced to the GP, where I just asked him to tell me  had not had a CVA
(Stroke) to which he replied that he could not tell me that but he felt my
diagnosis was what he thought. I was admitted to our local hospital which is
not the one I attend for DM as the GP was not keen for me to travel and they
do not have an A&E facility @ Barts. Following scans and blood tests it was
confirmed that I had indeed sustained a mild stroke and am now on warfarin
and awaiting further physiotherapy.