[IPk] hypers exercise

Hi Abi

It's interesting how sensitive the body can be to exercise, colds etc.  I
think the analog insulins, level of circulating insulin being much more
precise means slight changes in need are acutely evident.  I have found
exercise has affected my insulin requirements hugely.  I coincided starting
glargine and running perhaps daft. I noticed as I was so unfit to begin with
that my bs would shoot up after a run.  Now I run regularly and manage 30  to
45mins nearly every day.  Starting glargine had me reduce my total daily dose
(tdd) bolus and basal from 30u to 25u. As my exercising got better I find
needs are 20  tdd but I still wake with bs2.5mmol approx. I suspect that the
slightest upset or if I stop exercising and have a mega stressful time in SCBU
things could go haywire very quickly.  I am awaiting news from PCT and hope to
start pumping in July.  Headlines in local paper today are that PCT overspent
by a million pounds that they hadn't accounted for, (somehow lost!) plus
another  1 1/2 million they knew about, chaos but it may well affect how they
look at my application which seems small fry indeed with those figures. Can't
believe what bad timing the application is.

Hope things settle quickly for you and you're fit and active again soon.