[IPk] Book chapter on DM type 2 - help needed

Rhoda Martin

As a rush job, I've been asked to write a chapter for the UK version of
"Type 2 Diabetes: The First Year" by Gretchen Becker. I was approached on
Monday and have 7 days to write it!!! Publication date is 12th September.
My draft outline yesterday has been accepted but I want to include anything
that will help a Type 2 get the best treatment available from the NHS.  I
haven't mentioned NICE but have included extras like "Exercise on
Prescription" as well as the usual free eye test, prescriptions (if on orals
or insulin), VAT exemption, blood/urine/ketone testing, annual checkup,
DVLA, insurance etc.

Anyone with any tips would be gratefully and URGENTLY received.  I want to
be sure I haven't omitted any of the important ones.

If you want to write to me off-list this will save cluttering up the list
for others.

Thanks in advance.

mailto:email @ redacted