Re: [IPk] Program on TV at the moment

On Wednesday 14 May 2003 10:49, you wrote:
> I was just watching Guy's Hospital on tv and it moved to the diabetes
> department where the interviewer asked a man how he found out he had
> diabetes etc and then went on to say "I was having 20 cups of tea per day
> with 2 sugars in each so that was 40 sugars and I was always carrying a bar
> of chocolate, so basically I overdosed on sugar".  The interviewer asked
> him "Is that how you got diabetes then?" and he said "Yes"

(This is City Hospital, 14/05/2003 at 10am, yes?)
Youch! I wonder if there's someone you can complain to? The Beebs seem to be
fairly receptive to this sort of thing. And heaven knows this myth that
diabetes is something you bring on yourself desperately needs to be
dispelled. In producing a health-related programme, the BBC must pay
attention to factual correctness and responsible reporting!