Re: [IPk] hypers excercise etc

Hi Abigail
I find exactly the same thing and think it's perfectly possible. Basically,
exercise increases insulin sensitivity....
I normally exercise for at least an hour every day, if not more, in addition
to walking around 3 miles or more. If I just do the walking (to work and back)
and not the extra exercise (dancing / going to the gym / swimming / softball
etc.) for more than about 3 or 4 days I have to increase my basal insulin by
about 0.1 or 0.2 units per hour (I normally take around 0.9 units per hour).
If I don't do the walking either (e.g if I'm really injured or ill) then I
have to increase my basal insulin by a lot more.
So it's not just you!