Re: [IPk] Attachments

On Monday 12 May 2003 7:46 pm, email @ redacted wrote:

> (Ouch!)  But surely you don't  _have_ to download an attachment sent with
> any file?

I don't want to have to start filtering which attachments I download. I belong
to a dozen or so lists, and i just don't expect them to allow attachments.
It's Not the Done Thing. :)

> Also, in this case the chart wasn't mine - I acknowledged the
> source but there would have been some hassle in putting it onto a Website,
> although I can see your point for articles etc.

That's a good point. In that case I think the best idea is 'this is what I
have: if you want it, email me off-list'.

> I have apologised already, so perhaps we can close the subject? :-)

I wasn't having a go at you, or demanding an apology, honest! I am a mailing
list administrator myself, and explaining why Attachments On Lists Are Bad is
just one of those automatic, Pavlovian responses, by now. :) I would probably
do it in my sleep. :)