Re: [IPk] Re: Pump or new insulin

email @ redacted writes:

> I do not believe that the pump is necessarily superior.
Hi Louis,

It's great that you are getting better results, hope things will continue
this way.

I agree with your statement.  On my soapbox again...I have been suggesting
(preaching, some might say!) for a while that pump therapy is  _not_
"superior" - some seem to think it's the "gold standard" - but merely an
alternative for insulin users who just cannot get good results from other
therapies and regimes.  By good results, I don't necessarily mean "good
HbA1cs" - I mean all the other measures, such as lack of swings and hypos,
good life quality etc.  If those can be achieved without a pump, you don't
need a pump.  This isn't about some sort of elitist club, this is about what
is best for the individual.

Best wishes,