[IPk] Re: How long for cannulas?

In a message dated 07/05/2003 18:55:32 GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> I routinely leave mine in for 6 days, occasionally 7 or 8, and occasionally
> 4 or 5 depending on BGLs or dislodging. 6 is my "norm". Haven't had any
> problems with it at all. Part of the reason I do that is because in
> Australia, although the cost of the pump is automatically covered if you
> have private health insurance and have had it for 12mths or more (in
> addition to our public system), consumables are at your own cost
> completely.

Hello Tori

I change my daughter's every 3rd night because I feel too scared of an
infection setting in.  I scrub my hands and so does she and I don't touch
anything on the way to doing the set change.  I have paid for the pump and I
pay for all the consumables but I would not take a risk to her health by
leaving it in too long to save money.  It might be different if it was on me,
but I have injections.

Mum to Danielle, nearly 9, pumping since Nov 2002