Re: [IPk] How Long for Cannula's

Absolutely! YMMV. It works for me, and I don't get any worse scarring from
a 6 day site than from a 3 (when I restarted pumping early last year I
stuck to the 3 day schedule for a few months). I found it similar with the
old butterflies - it tended to go through stages - sometimes I would get 6
day sites, other times only two days ... but my control is so much better
these days that I haven't yet had to revert to less than 6 days as a rule
(cross fingers!). I tend to rotate around my hips and thighs (HUGE thighs
make this much easier *grin*) and very infrequently my tummy. Tummy sites
tend to scar far more easily with me, they don't absorb well, and are often
painful, so I try and avoid them.

I guess if people want to experiment a bit - as with all diabetes stuff -
they may find they get an extra day or two from a set, but if you have the
time and supplies to resite every 3 days, as per instructions, I don't know
why you wouldn't follow the directions.