Re: [IPk] How Long for Cannula's

email @ redacted writes:

> I routinely leave mine in for 6 days, occasionally 7 or 8, and occasionally
> 4 or 5 depending on BGLs or dislodging. 6 is my "norm".

Hi Tori,

We "crossed in the e-mail", but I agree with Dave - expense might be an
important factor right now, but what about scar tissue / absorption problems

Guess I'm being a bit hypocritical in that I leave mine in for more than the
recommended 2-3 days, but after some initial hiccups (while I tested my
body!) things seem to be OK with 3-4 days, few absorption problems now.
However, I suppose that if you've been using the pump for years, rotate your
sites well and don't seem to be having any trouble with absorption or local
reactions, then why not?

IDDM 30 yrs+, 508 2+