Re: [IPk] How Long for Cannula's

In a message dated 5/6/2003 8:13:07 PM GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> I use the
> Disetronic Tender and normally change them every Sunday and Thursday.

Hi Julian,

I do the same as you.  Obviously if there's a problem with the site I will
change it earlier, but every 3-4 days works well for me.  Very occasionally I
have left the set a fifth day out of necessity, e.g. last minute alteration
in plans - long flight brought forward etc - so that changing the set would
be inconvenient at the least.  I certainly don't advocate leaving it this
long, but for me as long as there are no local symptoms and control is OK it
seems to be fine.

I can't really comment on the average figures in Michael's e-mail as there
aren't enough statistics for wider interpretation, except to say that it is
possible that many folk change sites twice a week with the regularity that
Julian describes.  Many people are creatures of habit and it's easier to do
it that way!  Also, if you have a tendency for higher bgs or problems after a
change it makes sense to do at least one change on a day when you're not at
work. (Or, for some, the other way round.) Like many of you I have a
stressful and busy job, and the last thing I want to worry about on a hectic
day with no chance to escape is whether I might have had a bad site that
morning...might muck up the odd Sunday, but at least I'm relaxed then!

IDDM 30 yrs+, 508 2+