Re: [IPk] Help

In a message dated 5/4/2003 10:58:25 PM GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> I have been advised by my nurse to change my line to silhouette( i am
> currently using the soft set).
> She thinks this may help stop my BG rising after changing the line.
> I don't know what to do for the best.
> Has anyone changed lines and noticed a big difference with their control?
> thanks
Hi Amanda,

I note all the good advice you've already had via the group and couldn't
agree more. I still have problems (like Julian - changed set today leaving
other one in situ, bolus to cover... bg 14.7 a few hours later, and it always
seems to take ages to get it back down, just coming to a reasonable level as
I type...).  Changing tack for a minute...do you only have problems after
changing the set, or do you frequently have unexplained highs?  If the
latter, then a different type of _set_ might help.

I say this because I had problems for the first months of pumping when I used
a cannula (the bit under the skin) that was too long.  When I changed to a
shorter one the difference in bgs in general was noticeable almost overnight.

Best wishes,

IDDM 30 yrs+, 508 2+