[IPk] To Jos (glargine and Hypos)

 Just wondering about what you have said. This last few days I have had to
reduce Sasha's evening
 Insulatard each night because she has been so active in the last half of the
day. Skateboarding and
 inline skating most of the day. This seems to work well as if I don't reduce
the evening Insulatard we
 do get serious lows later and Sasha doesn't wake when she is low and never has
done. Tomorrow we go to
 the D clinic and I was going to ask about Glargine, now I am wondering if this
would not work out well
 for Sasha. As you said, once you have given it you cant take it out again. I
suppose you could inject
 glargine twice a day as some people do. Its easy enough in the day to give
Sasha extra food if she is
 active, but there's not much you can do if the BG levels are falling through
the night due to an active
 day except keep giving her drink or food in the night. She wont always eat a
bigger supper snack and
rarely eats much protien.

 This is really where a pump would work very well. But as you know our
Consultant wont hear of if for
Sasha, even for a trial!!
 I will have to investigate how people manage a twice a day Lantus regimen. I
suppose if Sasha had her
 Lantus in the AM it would be wearing off toward the middle of the night to
early morning and that is the
danger time for us.

I have forgotten when you said Emily has her Lantus injection?

Jackie mum of Sasha aged 9 in 5 days,