Re: [IPk] Re: Help

Another 'high after change' tip: some people find that they need a good
'kick' of insulin to start it off - not additional, just a lot.

I think it's a good idea to have a big need, rather than a small/long
one after changing sets, so that problems show up sooner - so I like to
change before breakfast.

Finally, if you find you always need to bolus (say) 2.3 to bring down a
post-change high, you could always try priming more (not the full 2.3 or
whatever - many people find they need less insulin to keep them level at
5 than they need to keep you level at 10 and need even more to keep
themselves level at 15).

Best wishes to all,

(dm 30+, 508 2+, trying to remember what arctan is ....)

In message <email @ redacted>, Michael
<email @ redacted> writes
>> Hi Amanda
>> I always notice a change when I change infusion sets>  I use the
>> Disetronic Tender.  My blood usually reaches around 14 a couple of
>> hours after a change. Even though I bolus two units when i change
>> the set
>To avoid insulin loss from the "removed" set and the resulting bg
>rise, many pumpers leave the old set in place for at least:
>2 hours for insulin-analogs like Novolog (NovoRapid) and Humalog
>4 hours for regular insulin
>email @ redacted

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted

     "I have now got a pesitilent doctorate thesis to explore,
      when I would rather be doing something less useful ..."

                (JRR Tolkien Letter 176)