Re: [IPk] Re: Help or advice before I totally crack up!

> email @ redacted writes:
> > Perhaps teaching Danielle to test for herself and realize what is a good
> > level and not, Michael's excellent suggestion about getting her a mobile
> > phone to contact you re boluses, would help her grow into the necessary
> > responsibility Danielle will have to develop as a DMer.  I know she's
> > young,
> > but often youngsters surprise us by how well they respond to
> > responsibility.
> >

> Hello Rhoda
> Danielle is nearly 9.  She only tests her blood when I shout her and
> ask her to do one. Perhaps I should take some time out and sit with
> her and try to work out what she can do to help me more.  It will be
> a bit of a challenge, but I'll do something.  Thanks for the advice.

Work on tying bg testing to what she eats. If she wants a treat make
sure she understands that the treat is fine, but she must test her
bg's and have some insulin to go with it. It will sink in quickly
that she is the one in control when this concept is fully understood.
Regular "parent" talk will get you nowhere :-)    It still does not
work for me and my pumping daughter will soon be 20.