Re: [IPk] Help or advice before I totally crack up

hi barbara,i cant help with the pump as im not on one yet,  i can see why
you are worried about the trip to america, its difficult with all the
flights and time changes etc,especially if he suffers from frequent hypos, i
believe its easy for me to say give him freedom as being the diabetic is not
as scary as being the mother of one(im sure my mum would agree with that)and
i prey my 3 little boys do not become diabetic but if one of them was i too
would be terrified of letting them do things like this but hope that like my
mum did with me grit my teeth and give them their freedom,i hope u can sort
things out so that u feel as comfortable as possible about him going, and i
hope your son has a wonderful time.when i went to holland with the school we
went with 3 teachers and i have to say they were wonderful although they
knew little about diabetes they were forever asking me if i was ok or if i
needed anything,and in the evening when us kids walked around the village
alone the teachers always made sure i had a friend with me and asked if i
had my glucose with me.
i stayed in a hotel room with 3 other girls who also had special needs,
azsma etc and we were given extra attention as the teachers rooms were next
door.so if your son has such good teachers he should be well cared for,
   love gailxxxxxxx