RE: [IPk] Help or advice before I totally crack up

hi jos, i really feel for u it must be really hard having 2 children with
diabetes,ihave had since i was six and am always watching my 3 boys who are
5, 3 and 15 months checking they are not drinking too much etc, as if they
drink alot in a day i start thinking i hope they are not diabetic too. my
hubbies nan has type 1 too so its on both sides s i know they are at a
higher risk, but i try not too worry too much things are changing and
getting better all the time for diabetics and who knows ina few years what
will happen.
hypoglyceamia is a big risk after having a baby and i had a really bad hypo,
when my 2nd son was 2 weeks old i was alone in the house with my baby and 20
month old son!!
i remember waking after alan had gone to work and by bg was showing as LO i
walked along the hall ina complete panic trying to open my door to get to
next doors flat but i knew i wasnt going to make it, i was terrified my
babies were going to be left on their own.
but do u know what the next thing i remember i woke on the sofa with my 20
month old screaming at me to wake up. i know i had fitted cos i had bitten
my tongue and scratched my face badly ,but i was able to  get up and go and
get some lucazade, so its true what they say about your body fighting for
its self and finding stored sugars!! i still feel very lucky though and
wonder whether i would have woken up if my son hadnt been screaming at me.it
took me about 30 mins to remember i had a baby!! luckily sam was still fast
asleep in his cot. after this i got very depressed and suffered from
terrible anxiety(i can still remember the fear as i walked along the hall)i
started testing my bgs about 25 times a day!!!! i still test them about 12
times now but i know when im getting low again now it was just post birth
but i still get anxious at times.
unfortunately diabetes is risky in certain situations whatever your age but
u just have to live your live and u cant always have someone around watching
u 24 hours a day.
 love gail(type 1 22 years, mum to 3 little monsters.)