[IPk] Re: Help or advice before I totalling crack up

In a message dated 04/05/2003 11:43:26 GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> Our current worry is that Charlie has asked repeatedly to go on the next
> school ski trip. Unlike most trips and outings at his school which have
> trained nursing staff, this trip is accompanied by three teachers with
> minimal first aid training. I feel, for Charlie's sake that I have to go
> through the process of asking. I could suggest that I or my husband goes? I
> could suggest paying for a nurse to go? (all his Disability Living
> Allowance
> is paid to the school for his extra needs and there is plenty left over.)
> Or
> I could tell a white lie and tell Charlie that we can't afford it? Oh heck
> -
> I know I have to face this and deal with it this week...

Hello Barbara

I feel sorry for you.  Is there any chance of you going on the trip?  Kids
love it when their parents are allowed on the trips don't they?  You could
help look after a group that he is not in but keep one of your eyes on what
he's doing at the same time if you see what I mean.  What does your husband
think?  He probably doesn't worry as much as you.  I am surprised that the
DLA is paid to the school.

Mum to Danielle