RE: [IPk] Help or advice before I totally crack up

Hi Barbara

I also went on lots of school trips and managed fine.  I
don't even remember telling the family that I was staying
with that I was diabetic.  I think in those days my parents
knew nothing about diabetes and neither did I.  I just seemed
to sail through school in blissful ignorance (and
hyperglycaemia)!!  Probably the same kind of attitude as a
child that meant I would start on roller skates at the top of
a hill and go as fast as I cold all the way to the bottom and
across the road without stopping!  Makes me shudder now and
worry about my own kids but I think you have to give a little
independence even if you do worry yourself to death.  I am
fortunate at the moment in that none of my children are
diabetic but I know that day might come and like you I will
worry myself to death.  I would not want them to take the
risks I took (never testing my blood, always eating sweets
etc) but perhaps I am a much stronger, independent person for
having worked all that out for myslef?

Keep strong

Beverley Smith
Consultant Development Geologist