From: email @ redacted
Date: Sunday, May 04, 2003 08:47:16
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] Help or advice before I totally crack up

Dear Barbara
What a dreadfully upsetting experience. We have let Charlie go on sleepovers
and find they can be very different form what the parents outline from the
'controlled' fun to the completely 'out of control - the kids can do
anything' type. But I do insist he tests his blood and boluses- and I tell
the parents to try to remind him, although I know sometimes this has been
forgotten.
Our current worry is that Charlie has asked repeatedly to go on the next
school ski trip. Unlike most trips and outings at his school which have
trained nursing staff, this trip is accompanied by three teachers with
minimal first aid training. I feel, for Charlie's sake that I have to go
through the process of asking. I could suggest that I or my husband goes? I
could suggest paying for a nurse to go? (all his Disability Living Allowance
is paid to the school for his extra needs and there is plenty left over.) Or
I could tell a white lie and tell Charlie that we can't afford it? Oh heck -
I know I have to face this and deal with it this week...

Barbara