Re: [IPk] Help or advice before I totally crack up

oh barbara what a worry for u, i hope  danielle is ok and enjoyed her night
away,what a tricky situation,good on u for not choosing to let her miss out.
i do think though that it was a bit much for kids that age whether diabetic
or not, i dont think u would be at all unreasonable not to let her go again,
i wouldnt be happy for my sons doing it and touch wood they arnt even
diabetic,it amazes me how little the the bulk of the medical profesion know
about diabetes, and so few people realise the seriousness of it.
i remember going to a friends prty not long after being diagnosed and had to
take my own food with me, and to tell u the truth i really dont remember
feeling left out because of it.
it wont be long until danielle can control her diabetes and then hopefully u
wont need to worry so much. i was terrible as a teenager and worried my mum
out of her witts with staying out all night, pretending i didnt have
diabetes and getting very drunk, stupid behaviour i know but i got through
i dont know that much about pumps but if danielle knows she is going to be
eating lots of sweet things then cant she give herself a dose of the bolus
before she eats then test her sugars regulaly .i think it would be a very
good idea to teach danielle to test her own sugars then this would solve a
lot of problems, at 8 she should be old enough most glucose monitors are
very simple to use.
love gailxxxxx(type 1 22 years)