From: email @ redacted
Date: Saturday, May 03, 2003 22:10:48
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPk] Re: Lesley's Story

In a message dated 03/05/2003 19:40:22 GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted
writes:

> Further to my earlier email, my perception was that the kids were quite
> unfazed by seeing me in a hypo, but seeing a teacher dealing with my hypo
> had
> no end of repercussions...

Hello Lesley

Everything you said brings back memories of when I was at school. I was told

to go to the front of the queue and this was not taken lightly by some of
the
bullies! Like you, I would probably have been very high anyway because of
always guessing from how we felt, how high or low we were. Perhaps taking
extra glucose just in case, instead of knowing for sure. Things have moved
on so much now haven't they?

What I meant about Danielle's friends seeing her differently if they ever
see
her low, is the actual fit where her body will be in spasms and she will be
dribbling etc. I hope it never gets to this stage and that they listen to
her and give her glucose in time as soon as she points it out. The other day

at school, they sent her to find the teacher who keeps the blood test meter
and she couldn't find her way around the school because everywhere was
spinning. When I got to her she was less than 1.9 and could have fitted in
front of everyone at any minute.

Barbara
Mum to Danielle, nearly 9

bubble_03.gif]

bubble_02.gif]

bubble_01.gif]

IMSTP.gif]

 [demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type Image/jpeg which had a name of
tile.jpg]