Re: [IPk] strip rationing again

email @ redacted writes:

> There has been a recent publication with meta anlaysis suggesting that
> testing ( and sometimes not all that frequently) offers little advantages
> over not testing or testing infrequently. ( perhaps participants were on an
> inapropriate regime or not educated on how to act on results)

Hi Abi,

I haven't seen this article, could you give me a reference?

I am certainly aware of literature that demonstrates no improvement of
control with increased frequency of testing in type 2s, but there is good
evidence that this is the reverse case with type 1s - and how much more
necessary is testing with the pump!

At the risk of picking out a single study, see:
Frequency of blood glucose monitoring in relation to glycaemic control (...)
- BMJ 1999;319:83-6