RE: [IPk] Re: Today's Dilemma

 Sasha keeps her meter and some glucose tablets in an old plastic lunch box on
her desk. So if she needs
 to test she just does it, or if she move classroom she just takes it with her.
Well in theory anyway.
 Her biscuits and coke are kept in the classroom cupboard. It's not normally
locked. When Sasha goes
 swimming (they have a small outdoor pool at the school) she takes one of those
waterproof things with
 the glucose tablets in, you can buy them in Superdrug, for putting money in, to
take to the beach or
 swimming. You can usually find things like that around on the Holiday Items
stand. You know like small
 plastic bottles, waterproof money belts and travel wash etc. They are a bit big
to wear round your neck
 all the time but useful to take out on the sports field and leave by the pool.
All the "food" lunch
 boxes are kept outside the classroom. Sasha has decorated her "Diabetes Kit"
box with a big labels and
 stickers. It says clearly in large letters Sasha's DIABETES KIT. its never got
mixed up so far.

 When you said about the singing teacher asking if Danielle needed to eat all
her snack now reminded me of
 what happened earlier this week. Sasha and Beckie play the clarinet, the
lessons are switched to a
 different time each week so they don't miss the same lessons. This week her
lesson ran over the time she
 should have her snack. You cant really chew a GF chocolate wafer bar AND play a
clarinet!!! So when she
 got back to the classroom she felt weird so ate her snack then but because the
snack was late and was
 chocolate she went very low and had to have glucose tablets and spent half the
morning feeling crap!!
 I had already warned her that she should eat the snack first but she either
forgot, or didn't want to
 gobble it down while no one else was eating. She is also not so hot at telling
the time and working out
how to plan things out!!!!   The school expects the kids to do an awful lot.