From: email @ redacted
Date: Thursday, May 01, 2003 21:16:01
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #391

In a message dated 01/05/2003 20:57:41 GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted
writes:

> hi barbara, poor dannielle,i was diagnosed with type 1 in 1981 at the age
of
> 6 at that time u had to test your bg with a urine sample,and i never did
> them at school.i always knew when my sugars were low and do now, the only
> time i lost these symtoms was after the births of my 3 little boys.
> at school i used to carry glucose tablets in a purse around my neck and
> took
> some if i felt "funny" surely this would be a better idea , also lucazade
> works much faster than coke, i carry a plastic bottle of it everywhere,
> couldnt dannielle either have the tablets or lucazade with her in class at
> all times, maybe u could also teach danielle to test her own sugar,i
> injected myself from the age of 7 and tested my urine.
> it must make her feel very drained and weak after going so low.
> best wishes, gail(iddm 22 years, proud mum of 3 healthy boys).

Hello Gail

Wow, I went through the same as you. I was diagnosed at 10 and am now 39. I
know exactly what you mean. I think your idea of having glucose tablets in
something around her neck is a fantastic idea. Thanks very much. I will
look for something that I can keep them in. Thanks again.

Barbara

bubble_03.gif]

bubble_02.gif]

bubble_01.gif]

IMSTP.gif]

 [demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type Image/jpeg which had a name of
tile.jpg]