[IPk] Re: Today's Dilemma

In a message dated 01/05/2003 20:57:41 GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> Hi Barbara
> Sounds scary - glad it turned out OK!
> At least they did call you in the end!
> Will they not allow her to keep some form of glucose in the classroom so
> she
> doesn't have to go wandering off to get it?
> Di

Thanks for replying Di.  They have a 12-can pack of small cokes, irn bru,
sprite etc in the classroom and another pack in the staff room.  She had
moved classrooms for the science lesson and that is why it wasn't available.
I have tried to get her to be able to have some near her desk but they aren't
even allowed their book bags (thin school bags) near their desks never mind
anything else.  They have to put their pencil cases on their desk each
morning and the book they are currently working with but no school bags are
allowed in the classroom otherwise I would tell her to keep some in there.  I
think I might have to get her a giant pencil case that she can put a small
can in and explain to the teacher that she can open the can whenever she
feels low without any explanation.  You see, she told me she is embarrassed
to put her hand up and say "I feel low" because the whole class look around
at her.  I know what she means, I have been there myself.  You just wish it
would go away but you know it won't so you have to force yourself to
interrupt the lesson.  Danielle's teacher is very strict.  She was given a
snack before the Easter hols and they practised the Easter service at church.
 Danielle took her snack with her and the teacher asked her if it was really
necessary to eat all of it while they were practising the singing!  God help
us!  They obviously don't know they are born do they?

Mum to Danielle aged 8, dx Aug 2001, on a pump since Nov 2002
D myself