[IPk] Re pregnancy

Just a bit more to my mail...I tested BG's regularly before pregnancy, but
after I found out I was pregnant (at about 8 weeks) I became what can only be
termed obsessive! I tested every couple of hours and did not let my BG rise
above 8. I wrote every test result down (I test a lot now but do have a
problem with writing all the results down)! I even tested during the night.
It was like I had been taken over with the need to do this. I was sooo
protective of that life inside of me. The c/s was only done as the area in
which I live had a standard policy of c/s for type 1's at that time. After
all this testing and perfect control and HBA1 of 6.0, plus praise from the
diabetologist and my own GP, frequent scans (weekly after 20 weeks), never
missing an appt, etc., I was annoyed after the planned section to be told by
my health visitor the reason given by the consultant (they have to give a
valid reson for a c/s) was 'increasing glycosuria and deteriorating dibetic
Hopefully things have moved into the 21st century now!