Re: [IPk] pump vs lantus

As Lantus technically has a 6-hour 'build-up' time, I would bet that Louis
is seeing a mimicking of his old pattern of increasing basals between 10
p.m. and 4 a.m.--the hour at which his Lantus *should* hit the 18-hour-long
'plateau' stage--which would subvert dawn phenomenon IF the speed and force
at which Lantus reaches its full power matches the scale of time and
concentrations in which Louis's old basals increased. The timing of an
injection of Lantus could be v. important: if Louis were to switch to taking
his Lantus at 2 p.m., he might have much worse luck. My luck means I'd
probably not do well on it whenever I took it, methinks....

At least that's what it looks like to me (does what I just said make sense?
Need more coffee),

IDDM 10 years; MiniMed pumper 6+ years