RE: [IPk] what my doctor said...

Hi Abigail

> And congratulations on having such a great A1c. I'm
> interested to know whether
> you pay for this with a lot of hypos

I used to have an A1c of 6.6 before I went on the pump and
experienced severe hypos most nights.  From time to time I
experience months of "dawn phenomena" when I need to double
my dose between 1 and 4am (not possible with MDI really!).
Prior to the pump I chose to live with the hypos rather than
the alternative (blood sugars of 13+ in the morning when I
woke).  My last A1C on the pump was 5.8 and no hypos!

IDDM 25 yrs 508 10 months

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader